Monday, October 14, 2013

The Good and the Bad

So, the bad today is one of the last couple days of the transfer and Elder Read is leaving me. The good is my new companion will be Elder Mambo who grew up in Spain, but his parents are from Africa and he is basically a soccer star from what I hear.  Apparently he played semi pro soccer before his mission. I am going to have sick soccer skills after this transfer. WHOOO!  I will also be here for my birthday and the next transfer will end around the end of November and then maybe here for Christmas.  All of the members were so sad that Elder Read is leaving, especially Hermana Granados, she is the bishops wife. We had Elder Read's last meal at our mission leaders home yesterday. Every Sunday, we either go to the mission leaders home or to David Chica´s home the Elders Quorum president. Us and the hermana´s switch off places.   I have to say I love going to the Chica´s home, because we both love motor sports so much.  In fact, yesterday in Stake Conference he made a point of telling me about this weeks Formula 1 race and he keeps telling me he wants us to watch it together when we come over for lunch, but i don´t think that´s going to happen.
 
Oh, I bought the shoes por fin (finally), they are Adidas and they are black with like green neon stripes up the side and in the back around my ankles. They are sick, they were like 49 euros but every one keeps telling me how jealous they are because that is a really good price for them. They were originally like 70 euros... score!


Last night was kinda cool, we had an amazing lesson with a guy in Los Dolores, it´s kinda like Pleasant View.  It´s attached to the city, but it´s a different place.  We went out to see Luis and Saul and they were excited to see us and then we invited one of their friends in from the other room and his girlfriend who was on Skype with him.  So they came and listened and they liked the message a lot, in fact the girl (who had just lost her mom only a couple weeks ago) was more than willing to give the prayer at the end and what a prayer!  That lesson was totally for her too. 

OK,  so Elder Aviles cooks a lot, in fact, so much that I haven´t even been able to use the recipes Mom gave me.  I also have to go to over to Carrefour one of these days and buy a dish so I can cook those things.  The dish is reimbursable too just need to find time to do it.

I will try to get some pictures with me in it this next week, but I only have one with me in it this week.  I´m sorry things are being difficult at work, but I know every thing will work out. The rest of Mom's email I´m going to pretend like I didn´t get, I was very confused. 

anyway, love you all lots 


Braden

 So, for the car I was slightly perplexed because it has the front lights of a Citroën C4 but it wasn´t a Citroën and was way smaller.
 cool sunset 
Elder Read working in the area book.

No comments:

Post a Comment