Monday, January 20, 2014

This week on Lost .....

So yeah,  I thought that the title would be a clever joke and it is also slightly ironic because I am always lost here.  It doesn´t matter what I do I just can´t seem to find my way around.  That is ok, because I only have been here a week and a half,  but I just feel slightly inadequate, but that will soon pass I hope.

Yes, I like peas and a bunch of stuff I can´t say no too. On the mission you learn to like every thing. Yes, I will even eat mushrooms and I have now had full on shrimp that you have to tear the head off and everything and I liked it all the same. 

I had to speak in church Sunday that was fun and interesting.  So we were at the Winders house, he is an American that moved here over 30 years ago and has learned the language really well, but just cant seem to get the accent.  You can totally tell that he is an American and she is from Spain and they are really cool.  We were sitting there after we taught them and the Bishop calls and Elder Walker is talking to him and Elder Walker is like oh you want me to talk in church Sunday and I thinking, ha sucker and come to find out he wants me to speak....... imagine my excitement the night before Sunday.  Before my mission I would have turned down a talk like that, so what went down is he was like I want you to present yourself to the Ward and then share a spiritual thought. OK, present myself, not like I haven´t done that before, but share a spiritual thought.  He didn´t even give a topic and then I didn´t get time that night to study at all.  So, I had to spend personal study time and comp study time the next day figuring it all out. By the time I get it all written out and ready it´s time to go and we get there and sit down and there was a family that gave a "talk" (more like hey yeah we´re leaving and yeah i know the church is true amen.) before they left for jerez (20 minutes away, but different city) and then I got up and basically said bag my notes gave the same talk I had prepared, but it went over way better than I thought it would it was like a ten minute talk and took up the time they didn´t use hahahahah.   I hope the boys friend-ed the kid here in San Fernando, he is really cool and it is a shame that they took back FIFA because that is mostly what he plays but he does have MW3 so PLAY WITH HIM, HIS MOM WAS SO EXCITED FOR HIM TO HAVE MEMBER FRIENDS ON PLAYSTATION.  

You will have to tell me about his talk and how it goes (Clark's) and when he bares his testimony in Spanish I´m curious to see how his Spanish sounds.

No more time, love you all tons.

Braden.

Picture posted on the Malaga Spain Mission Blog.

"After 7 months of being together since day one of the mission, Elder Shoell and Hampel were split up."

No comments:

Post a Comment