Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Hey from Valsepenas

So, another week gone by.  It has been weird adjusting to a new area again after I knew exactly what to do in San Fernando.  That has to be the hardest part; learning a new area. 

Today is haircut day, YAY!!!!  It has been a little too long for a couple weeks now, but last week it just didn´t work out so we buckled down and just said we are getting it cut today.

Ever since I´ve been here in this area i´ve realized just how weird people can be.  We had a guy approach us and tell us that it was more sanitary to shake with both hands, right with right and left with left mmmmmmmmmmm....no comment there, I was a little weirded out and the even weirder was that he told me that god was against bandolerismo shouder straps. He wouldn´t leave me alone until I would switch it to the other shoulder.....you meet weirdos, but it´s all good because they are good stories 

When did all that happen at the cabin????  That is definitely not the place I remember! I can´t believe how much that it´s come a long and that I haven´t been able to help. I definitely do remember that rain storm we got caught in and the rollo (mess) that it was to get out of there the, Pilots tires completely covered in mud and just slipping every where.

Hermanas Flanders and Rocha Had a baptism this week!!!  It was really, really cool.  There were things that they should have changed to make it shorter, but that wasn´t the most important thing in the world. The girls name is Lucia and she is fourteen years old. She was amazingly prepared for the gospel she had only been listening to the Hermana's for a couple weeks and when I did the interview (it´s weird being on the other side of the desk), she just blew me out of the water with the testimony that she had.

We also sent two recent converts off to England, they had been preparing for this for a long time. It was sad to see them go all the same, they were supposed to call us on Sunday, but they never did.  I hope every thing is all right where ever they are.

The weather here has been interesting too, the first week it was decently hot and this week it has been on the cooler side. It was really weird, it rained and it dropped back into the 20 degrees Celsius range. I actually had to pull out my coat I bought in Cartagena again and it has been weeks since i used it.

Well, I was really glad to hear from you all this week.  I´ll send a couple pictures, I don´t have that many new ones still. I know you´re rolling your eyes, it´s hard when they only let you take pictures on Monday and they tell you to not look like a tourist grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

So anyway love you all tons!! 


Braden

No comments:

Post a Comment